Hurricanes could drop five players for Saturday's Super Rugby clash against Reds for breaching a curfew before the defeat at Sharks last weekend.
Last year's runners-up confirmed that "a small group of players" could be in hot water as a result of breaking rules during the tour of South Africa.
Hurricanes were beaten 32-15 at Kings Park last Saturday and there could be a significantly different side starting at Westpac Stadium a week later.
"The matter has been dealt with internally and Hurricanes coach Chris Boyd will be happy to discuss it further at tomorrow's [Thursday] scheduled media session once the team to play the Reds in Wellington on Saturday has been named." said a Hurricanes statement.
Hurricanes assistant coach Jason Holland revealed that the Wellington-based franchise are considering how to deal with any players guilty of indiscipline.
"We set pretty high standards around our protocols and if there are any little minor discretions, there will be consequences," he told New Zealand radio.